Saturday, April 12, 2008

During (Minus the Floor)

Now that you've seen the floor, let me show you a couple pictures of the "lobby." I call it a lobby because "reception area" is too long (and clinical) to say all the time, and also, it's really quite large. This first picture is taken from the front entrance. It's the same shot I showed in the Before post, but with two colored walls and some half finished barn doors. I have realized that my favorite colors for decorating are purple, red and yellow, and I keep using different versions of them in every place I live. Apparently I need them in my workplace as well.













Next we have the lobby from the back door. What you are looking at is a half-finished mural that is more than half painted by my children. I wanted to create a kid-friendly space, and also have things for my kids to help with during this build-out, and so they have been diligently painting sky and tree trunk and butterfly whilst whistling merrily to themselves, nary a complaint crossing their lips, nothing but sunshine and roses. At least, that's what they're doing in my fantasy world. There are also no dirty diapers in my fantasy world. And money grows on trees. But I digress.












Now the wall with the barn doors will be painted red (the doors themselves are red and white, natch) and the door we hung is sort of between the barn door and the tree in the picture above. I think we're going to bring one of our couches in to the studio, because I want it to have a real homey feel. I mean, I hope that people will sign their kids up for tons of classes, and if they're going to be sitting in my lobby for hours on end, it should be comfy and inviting, don't you agree?

No comments: