Thursday, April 3, 2008

So Many Projects, So Little Time

Another random photo, this one from a modern dance production of The Firebird with NEW ARTiculations. That's me lifting. I also had to carry the other woman on my shoulder as I ran across the stage. It was a burly dance!

Anyway, in addition to opening a dance studio, running a farm, homeschooling our children, and performing with two companies currently, I also spent the semester choreographing a piece on the students in the new (minor) dance program at the University of Virginia. Today was our last rehearsal before tech week and the spring show, where new work by several choreographers will be shown. It's been such a pleasure to work with the students in this program. They are excited about dancing and work hard.

All the projects I've worked on in the past few months have been SO different from each other. I have kiddie creative movement classes, choreography with college students, and rehearsals for professional shows. It really keeps me on my toes. And in between it all, dreaming about all the things I want to do with my own studio.

On that note, I received my first e-mail inquiry at my Dance Barn e-mail account! Looks like the flyers are working! I only have about 200 left to hang! Can you feel my excitement from here?!?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay, first response from posting flyers! Congrats =)